Prom night is obviously an important day in any girl’s life. While parents would see it as a dinner followed by a dance at school, isn’t it much more for you! Since a prom night is essentially a “night with a date”, many people skip it altogether, instead of arriving without a date. Girls spend days planning what they are going to wear on prom night and spend many more hours on the big day, getting themselves ready. To look gorgeous on that special day, apart from the dress, your hairstyle too is equally important. When you are choosing from amongst the different homecoming hairstyles, take your time to decide. As a teenager, this is a very memorable and important day for you, and you naturally would not want to stay up all night worrying about your hair. Today, you have the option of using the internet to choose a style. Not only can you view the various styles, but can also get detailed instructions on how to do it. Over time, new variations of beehive prom hairstyles have emerged, and here are a few styles which would interest you.
Beehive Hairstyles For Prom
The Beehive Updo Hairstyle
This style is ideal for prom nights as it stays in place and you don’t have to worry about your hair, even when on the dance floor.
- The hair is made into a huge bun at the top of your head. This is done by back combing and use of a thick coil around which the hair is wound.
- To get maximum volume out of your hair, the use of volumising hair serum, while your hair is still somewhat damp after washing, is highly recommended.
- Using a thin comb with dense teeth, you can start by back combing your hair.
- Take a portion of your hair from the forehead and tie the remaining hair into a ponytail and wind a coil around it.
- Start back combing it to get that extra volume.
- After this, gather your hair high up at the back of the head and secure it with bobby pins. You should ideally use small, yet strong pins so that they don’t show through the updo.
- Use a lot of hairspray to set the hair and you are ready with your hairstyle.
You can do so different variations of the beehive style.
- You can add side swept bangs to your forehead with a centre hair parting, allowing for two flicks of hair to fall along your face on either side.
- The beehive style is really meant for those who have long hair. So, if you are the type who has short cropped hair or a bob cut, it would be inadvisable for you to try the beehive style.
- Also, if you have shoulder to waist length hair, you will find it easier to do the hairstyle as it helps give some volume to the hair.
- If you have thin long hair, you should avoid this style as otherwise you will find that you need to use a lot of external add-ons to achieve the volume that you need to create the bun. This style is best suited for those with long hair with texture varying from normal to dry hair.
- Some feel that the days of the prom updo hairstyles are over, but if you wish to follow your dreams, you must wear your hair the way you want and go for the beehive.
- If you want to go retro for the prom, you can opt for the traditional beehive or vary it with a bouffant combination; this way, only imagination becomes your limiting factor.
- The curled updo is another variation which combines a sleek look in front with chic curls and loops that can be pinned to the side of the head to give you an elegant look.
- You can consider using glittery accessories like hair gems, barrettes or glitter gel which can be used according to your taste. This is a great way to dress up and create a style of your own, as these accessories when combined with elegant hair-rolls make the hair look even more beautiful.
If you truly want an exquisite, unique hairstyle for prom night, then you should consider custom designing your beehive hairstyle. Create your own hot beehive variation with your styling ideas and guarantee yourself a marvellous, breathtaking look. Indulge your imagination, and yourself, and allow this evening to become a truly fantastic memory.