Every woman has a not-so-secret desire for silky hair that sways gently in the breeze. And these days, this desire doesn’t involve only dark hair; light hair is also fast becoming the cry of the trend lane. However, not all are blessed with lightened hair by birth. And while some people aren’t opposed to lengthy salon treatments for hair lightening, some, overtly conscious of their hair texture, prefer doing it the natural way. The good news here is that natural lightening of hair isn’t a tedious process. Your home is a repository of natural ‘cosmetics’. People have the misconception that for lightening hair, a pack of bleach and a bottle of hair colour are must. But these products have drastically harmful effects on your locks, in the long run. Actually, you need not run to a salon to lighten your hair when you have all the acumen around. Moreover, natural products also come with a desirable side-effect of shiny smooth hair. Some of them even help you get rid of scalp problems as well. Read on for some such beneficial hair lightening tips.
Lightening Your Hair With Sunlight
Natural sunlight is the easiest product available that can lighten your hair. Right outside your porch, sit idly reading your favourite novel, allowing the golden rays of the sun to kiss your hair. Sunlight has the power to lighten your hair naturally. You might have noticed that during summer, your hair is relatively lighter. This is mainly due to the exposure in the sun. To lighten your hair, simply lie down in sunlight covering your body with a cloth and spreading your hair in the sun. Keep in mind to do it in the morning or evening sun; the noon sun can drain all natural moisture from your hair.
Lightening Your Hair Using Lemon Juice
Blessed are those who know the power of this little yellow spherical wonder. It has powerful bleaching effects. It is used in hair care products to cure numerous scalp problems. One fresh lemon produces approximately two tbsp of lemon juice.
- Squeeze out the juice from a lemon.
- Rub it on your hair and keep it for a few hours before you rinse your hair.
- Exposing your hair to sunlight will speed up the process. But, as mentioned above, expose your hair only in the morning and evening sunlight.
The amount of juice required depends upon the length of your hair. If you do it for a few days, you would get natural hair highlights.
Lightening Your Hair With Tea
Nobody might have thought about this humble kitchen product. Yes, we are talking about the everyday cup of tea we have.
- Take two or three teaspoons of your favourite tea leaves in lukewarm water.
- Let it cool.
- Apply it on your hair.
This method will have only gradual results. So, be patient will trying out this technique.
Lightening Your Hair Using Honey
There is no other sweeter natural product than honey to lighten your hair. You will require certain ingredients along with honey to prepare your sweet lightening spray. Honey has natural traces of hydrogen peroxide which will lighten your hair.
- 1 cup natural honey
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon or cardamom
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients properly in a bowl.
- Dampen your hair before applying the mixture evenly on your hair.
- Wrap your hair with the help of a saran wrap. Cover it using a swimming cap. This step is very essential as honey is most effective on moist hair.
- Leave it overnight.
Lightening Your Hair Using Cinnamon
- Mix equal amounts of cinnamon powder and hair conditioner
- Apply this mixture on slightly wet hair. Make sure that your hair is detangled.
- Collect your hair into a bun a secure it loosely with a bobby pin.
- Cover your hair using a swimming cap.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse your hair well, the next morning.
- In order to get the desired result, rinse your hair using a chamomile shampoo.
Lightening Your Hair With Vinegar
All that you require are basic ingredients like apple cider, white or red wine vinegar, water and spray bottle.
- Before you start the lightening process, shampoo your hair well.
- Rinse your hair with vinegar hair-rinse.
- Boil two tbsp of apple cider with two cups of water for 15 minutes. Pour the cooled mixture over your hair and rinse well.
- Mix equal amount of white vinegar and lemon juice. Apply it on to your hair evenly.
- Sit under the sun for some time.
- Rinse well.
Lightening your hair using a natural ingredient is a good and wise decision. Hair lightening products available in the market come with harsh chemicals that can damage the natural texture of your hair and make it look lifeless. Using natural ingredients will have a pampering effect on your hair. It will make your hair shiny, soft and moist. These ingredients are inexpensive and readily available in your kitchen, garden or the nearest store. Your hair and your skin would thank you for this natural treatment. Pamper your hair with the right products and get results that you’d never regret.