Premature greying of hair is nothing unusual. Lack of sleep, improper diet, vitamin deficiency, pollution, stress — almost anything can contribute towards the untimely greying of hair. All the same, the key issue behind greying of hairs is a rapid decline in melanin, which gives pigmentation or color to the hair. When the melanin molecules separate from each other, the hair takes a grey appearance. When the body’s production of melanin decreases, the hair turns grey. Therefore, to increase your body’s production of melanin, you need to fortify yourself in and out with a good diet and some effective home remedies. There are tons of hair colors available in the market, which can quite easily help you cover those grey strands. However, the solution is not natural and the effect of these colors on your hair is lasting and damaging. Fortunately, there are countless natural remedies for greying hair that won’t just help you get rid of your existing greys, but also obviate their further appearance. These remedies are easily available in every household. All you have to do is to read this article and apply these natural remedies on your hair. There are also some vital elements suggested in this article, which must be present in our daily diet in order to prevent greying of hairs.
Natural Grey Hair Treatment
- Drink a lot of water and plenty of fresh fruit juices. These are the most readily available remedies.
- Make sure to include protein-rich foods in your daily meals, such as lean meat, soy, whole grains, eggs, and cereals.
- You must take foods rich in iron, minerals, and vitamin A and vitamin B, such as green leafy vegetables, bananas, tomatoes, liver, yogurt, kidney beans, dried apricots, oysters, eggs, and sunflower seeds.
- Iodine, which is most commonly found in table salts, is vital in the production of melanin. Add iodine-rich foods to your diet, such as bananas, carrots, and fish. Keep in mind though that consuming excessive amounts of these foods is not recommended. For example, excessive amounts of iodine (from seaweed) may increase the risk of developing thyroid problems, which itself is a cause of premature gray hair.
- Butter from cow milk, if massaged into the hair roots, can help prevent additional greying. Melt the butter and then spread over your scalp and into your hair and massage gently at least twice a week. Then rinse it carefully.
- Drinking buttermilk with 2 teaspoons yeast and wheat germ is a great home remedy for grey hair.
- Having curry leaves in one’s regular diet will surely help in the prevention of immature greying of hair. Eat lots of curry in condiments, sauces, or mixed with buttermilk. Boil curry leaves in coconut oil and rub it on hair to bring the color back to its original pigmentation.
- Henna, the traditional Indian herb, protects the hair against breakage and restores the natural shine and color. Avoid using artificial colors. They are very harmful for your hair. Add henna leaves to mustard oil and heat gently to make easy homemade medicated hair oil.
- Amla or the Indian gooseberry is extremely beneficial in preventing premature greying of hair and hair loss. Cut a few amla fruits into pieces dry it in shade and boil in coconut oil until the solid matter appears dark in color. Apply it on the scalp or soak some dry pieces of gooseberry in water overnight and rinse your hair with it. Even amla juice, mixed with almond oil and few drops of limejuice every night is found to be beneficial in treating premature greying of hair.
- Grate fresh ginger and mix with honey. Consume one teaspoon of the mixture every day. It is also a good remedy.
- Gourd enriches hair roots and restores pigment to hair. Cut the gourd into pieces, let them dry, and then soak in coconut oil for three days. Boil until there is black residue in the pot, and then massage oil mixture into the scalp.
- Take trifla (harad, baheda, amla), churn every day with lukewarm water and consume before you go to sleep. It tastes extremely bitter. So close your eyes and swig it down. It is highly effective in prevention of greying of hair.
- Aloe Vera balances the pH level of the scalp and cleans the pores. A mixture of aloe vera gel with wheat germ oil and coconut milk helps to get rid of dandruff and prevents untimely greying of hair.
- Consuming yogurt with yeast is a good home remedy for premature greying of hair.
- Try applying amaranth’s juice on hair. The fresh juice of the leaves has been found to retain the black color of hair and aid in the growth of new hairs too.
- Avoid stress. Stress is believed to be one of the biggest factors that contribute in premature greying of hair. Get rid of your worrying thoughts as soon as possible. Sleep well and never rush while eating. Find some time to meditate. Practice yoga. Exercise regularly. It improves the blood circulation, which is immensely beneficial for the hair.
The above-mentioned remedies are quite efficacious and are certain to deliver desired results. Some elixirs can be extremely bitter in taste, where as some remedies could be a bit time consuming and will require some effort on your part. But one thing is for sure that they have no side effect like those of the artificial dyes in the market. Most of the ingredients are easily available and can be quite effortlessly included in our regular diet.