Frizzy hair is a common affliction for anyone with dry and damaged hair, especially during humid conditions. And for those with curly hair, frizzy hair is nothing less than a nightmare. But that is not all. Even over-processed color, overexposure to the sun, brushing of wet hair and styling abuse can cause the hair to frizz. One reason why the hair frizzes is dehydration of the mane. With less moisture, the hair becomes unruly and hard to style or shape. The hair also looks dry, brittle and dull. Whatever the reason is, there is little denying that frizzy hair is a styling disaster and can completely mar your look. So, in order to prevent your hair from looking messy, you should know the various ways in which you can prevent your hair from becoming frizzy. You can tame the frizz and flyaways in many ways. Continue reading the article to know more on how you can keep your hair glamorous by preventing the frizz.
Getting Rid Of Frizzy Hair
Olive oil has numerous health benefits and it is also known to improve the health of your hair. This oil is very effective in taking care of frizzy hair. Take two tablespoons of olive oil and warm it in a microwave. Gently massage your hair with this warm oil and then wear a shower cap to trap the heat as well as the oil in your hair. Let it stay for half an hour and then rinse thoroughly to remove the oil. You can effectively treat frizzy hair if you apply olive oil in this way once a week.
Mayonnaise And Eggs
Mayonnaise and eggs are both loaded with proteins and are very effective in providing your hair with strength. Mix equal parts each of mayonnaise and eggs to form a conditioner. Massage this on your hair thoroughly and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse the hair extremely well taking care to remove all the mayo. Apply this once a week and you will get rid of frizzy hair.
Beer is very effective in not only strengthening the health of the hair but also keeping it smooth and shiny. Select a beer that doesn’t have a very strong odor and wash your hair with it. Then rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Do this every few weeks and you will soon say goodbye to your frizzy hair.
- To prevent frizzy hair, it is important that you use the appropriate hair care products. You should always wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner. Cream conditioners are the best for preventing frizzy hair. After applying the conditioner, leave it for a few minutes before rinsing.
- If you are prone to frizz, then never use oil based conditioners as they can aggravate matters.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Taking a head bath twice a week is enough.
- It is better to rinse your head with cold water after applying the conditioner. The cold water prevents frizzing by blocking the cuticles.
- At least once or twice a week apply a hair mask to condition and nourish your hair. Allow the mask to set for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Deep conditioning with oil treatments are very effective in repairing the hair and keeping them hydrated. Jojoba and coconut oils are very good moisturizers, which can effectively keep the hair frizz away. Go for such treatments at least once or twice a month.
- Use an ionic blow dryer and never use it more than twice a week. And take care not to run the dryer up and down the hair.
- Silicone prevents the hair from frizzing. So, it is better to use silicon-based products, but take care not to use in excess.
- There are many anti-frizz creams, gels and serums available commercially that you can use. Also, always use hair care products with moisturizing agents and ingredients like vitamin E, aloe vera, olive oil, panthenol, honey, chamomile and glycerin.
- Always use a wide tooted comb while combing your hair. Avoid using a brush as it can cause more frizz and split ends. Also, don’t dry your hair using a towel. However, you can pat dry your wet hair to absorb the excess water and then blow dry. To prevent tangles when using a blow dryer, use a diffuser to keep the hair smooth.
- Trimming is a good way to control frizz and prevent split ends. So, get your hair trimmed on a regular basis.
- It is not a good idea to dry your hair with a towel. It is always better to dry your hair naturally.
- Do not touch or ruffle your hair too much. Too much disturbances in the hair will make the hair frizz.
- Avoid sulfate-based shampoos as they cause dryness and damage and are very harsh on most hair types.
- Take some silicon-based serum in the palm of your hands and rub them together to evenly distribute the product. The amount of serum that you take will depend on the texture of your hair. If your hair is coarse then you will need more serum. Now, with the palms gently scrunch your curls starting from the ends upwards. This will avoid the greasy look.
- Continue scrunching until the serum is evenly distributed in your hair. The scrunching will make the hair less frizzy and the serum will seal the outer layer of your hair.
- Once your hair is frizz free, apply a light oil-based spray. The spray acts as a moisture barrier and also adds shine to the hair. Take care not to comb or run your fingers through your hair.
- In extra humid conditions, you should take more care of your hair.